Manager, Global Payroll & Equity Administration
The mission of Centessa Pharmaceuticals plc (Nasdaq: CNTA) is to deliver consequential new medicines to patients. The Centessa family includes ten wholly owned, highly specialized companies, with drug discovery and development programs in diverse therapeutic areas. The company’s organizational structure and approach combine the agility and sense of urgency typical of start-up companies with the scale and diversification typical of larger R&D organizations.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Global Payroll & Equity Administration to join our Finance Team. The Manager, Global Payroll & Equity Administration will be responsible for the design and management of all global payroll activities, equity accounting and equity plan administration for Centessa. We seek a self-motivated and service oriented professional with significant experience managing payroll across multiple global jurisdictions (notably Europe and the US) and managing equity administration platforms and all related tax compliance matters. The Manager will be responsible working with the HR and Finance teams to ensure all payroll and equity awards are processed timely, accurately and in compliance with statutory requirements and employment payroll and tax laws. Reporting to the Vice President/Controller the Manager will act as the point of contact for employee inquiries and for the resolution of issues pertaining to payroll and equity administration.
- Develop and execute global payroll processes to ensure accurate and timely payments to all employees and satisfaction of related payroll taxes, benefit withholdings and other payroll related obligations.
- Support configuration, implementation, and on-going maintenance of a global equity administration, reporting and communication platform to ensure compliance with all relevant payroll, equity and other relevant rules and laws.
- Administer Centessa’s global equity award processes, procedures, and systems to ensure accuracy, integrity, and timely accessibility of equity data for: equity award recipients, HR, Legal and Finance.
- Ensure proper tax withholdings including timely taxation, remittance and reporting including periodic and annual reporting required by tax authorities for payroll and equity transactions.
- Perform monthly accounting close processes for payroll and equity transactions, including computations of required journal entries, preparation of account reconciliations and reports and all necessary 10Q, 10K disclosures.
- Serve as subject matter expert and support employee communication related to payroll and equity administration matters including use of systems, inquiries related to payments and equity awards, etc.
- Assist in identifying risks and implementing a system of controls for payroll and equity.
- Manage service providers to agreed service levels and fees.
- Collaborate with FP&A and HR to support development of payroll and equity compensation forecasts.
- Research and understand the applicability of a new rules, tax code and other relevant laws pertaining to payroll or equity award programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- 6-8 years of experience in payroll & equity administration for a global company or service provider, including full accountability and knowledge of best practice
- Knowledge of public company compensation and equity accounting and reporting/disclosure requirements within 10Q and 10K annual proxy filings.
- Experience with tax and payroll requirements across multiple jurisdictions including knowledge of establishing employment operations in new jurisdictions
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) certification is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and advance processes in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to efficiently deliver high-quality work.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Accountable and able to work independently as well as part of a team to meet strict timelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word.
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Centessa Pharmaceuticals believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Centessa Pharmaceuticals will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.