Senior Accountant, External Reporting
The mission of Centessa Pharmaceuticals plc (Nasdaq: CNTA) is to deliver consequential new medicines to patients. The Centessa family includes ten wholly owned, highly specialized companies, with drug discovery and development programs in diverse therapeutic areas. The company’s organizational structure and approach combine the agility and sense of urgency typical of start-up companies with the scale and diversification typical of larger R&D organizations.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant, External Reporting. The Senior Accountant, External Reporting will be primarily responsible for the preparation and review of the Company’s SEC filings (i.e., 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, etc.). This role requires building strong relationships within the Accounting function, across other functional areas and with Centessa companies (i.e., Corporate FP&A, Clinical Operations, R&D Project Management, Legal, Procurement) to ensure an understanding of business activities and to ensure reporting requirements are satisfied.
- Prepare financial statements, footnotes and other information presented throughout the periodic SEC filings.
- Coordinate and validate data across the organization to ensure filings are compliant with Company policy and accounting standards (e.g., US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley).
- Identify inconsistencies, errors, and/or issues and develops, and presents to management, a plan of action and/or conclusion.
- Provide analytical and operational support in response to queries from the SEC and other stakeholders, including in support of the quarterly review by the external auditors.
- Support the preparation and filing of global statutory reports.
- Create and update standard operating procedures and accounting policies related to external reporting processes. Identify opportunities to improve internal controls and/or make processes more efficient.
- Monitor and analyze changes to accounting policy (e.g., US GAAP) and SEC issues / interpretations.
- Summarize the impact of relevant changes to the organization’s accounting and financial reporting.
- Provide guidance and advice to other departments in response to questions or problems relating to accounting treatment of certain issues, as necessary.
- Effectively communicate the impact of pending guidance through memos and presentations, as necessary.
- Perform additional accounting and reporting duties as requested by Finance/Accounting management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- 3-6 years relevant work experience (preferably public accounting experience) including in the preparation of SEC filings (10Qs, 10Ks, etc)
- Proven ability to research, analyze, and resolve accounting related issues and questions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word.
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced environment under challenging deadlines.
- Collaborative in nature, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to gather, organize, analyze, and report large volumes of financial data with speed and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Centessa Pharmaceuticals believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Centessa Pharmaceuticals will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.