Senior Analyst, Clinical Accounting
The mission of Centessa Pharmaceuticals plc (Nasdaq: CNTA) is to deliver consequential new medicines to patients. The Centessa family includes ten wholly owned, highly specialized companies, with drug discovery and development programs in diverse therapeutic areas. The company’s organizational structure and approach combine the agility and sense of urgency typical of start-up companies with the scale and diversification typical of larger R&D organizations.
We are currently seeking a Senior Analyst, Clinical Accounting. The position requires a candidate to be collaborative, hands-on and comfortable working / learning in a fast-paced environment. The primary responsibilities collect / validate data from multiple sources to assess accrual needs at the end of each quarter, supporting business plans / forecasts and various requests from business partners.
- Develop and implement Excel based models to track progress across various R&D programs / vendors based on interpretations of varying / complex agreements with service providers.
- Facilitate meetings with external service providers (primarily CRO and CMO) and internal business partners to assess progress of work, understand changes and identify risks / opportunities.
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with clinical business partners, project managers and others within the organization.
- Work closely with clinical business operations to ensure that contract amendments and change orders are appropriately captured in accrual estimates and business plans.
- Serve as a liaison between clinical business operations and all finance functions – accounting, FP&A, accounts payable, etc.
- Provide guidance and oversight to purchase requisition / orders to ensure accurate reporting.
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, and support analytical reviews. Assist with financial audits, as needed.
- Assist with process improvement initiatives and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required. Active CPA license is preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional experience required. R&D/Clinical Accounting is preferred.
- A combination of public accounting and biotechnology/ pharma industry experience is highly preferred.
- Experience working with project managers, vendors and other relevant parties to assess status of project(s) and determine accrual needs.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to efficiently provide high quality work.
- Ability to adapt and work in a quickly changing environment, managing competing demands.
- Intermediate excel skills required.
- ERP systems like SAP/Oracle/NetSuite/JD Edwards experience preferred.
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP and SOX requirements.
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Centessa Pharmaceuticals believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Centessa Pharmaceuticals will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.