Head, Translational & Early Clinical Development
The mission of Centessa Pharmaceuticals plc (Nasdaq: CNTA) is to deliver consequential new medicines to patients. The Centessa family includes ten wholly owned, highly specialized companies, with drug discovery and development programs in diverse therapeutic areas. The company’s organizational structure and approach combine the agility and sense of urgency typical of start-up companies with the scale and diversification typical of larger R&D organizations.
Capella Bioscience, a Centessa Company, discovers and develops monoclonal antibody therapeutics for autoimmune and inflammatory conditions is currently looking for a Head of Translational Sciences and Early Clinical Development that will oversee efforts across multiple programs within the autoimmune and inflammation therapeutic areas. The Head of Translational Sciences and Early Clinical Development will design and execute phase 1 & 2 clinical studies that incorporate robust translational plans to elucidate mechanistic insights and demonstrate evidence for activity of drug. S/he will work closely within a multidisciplinary team of colleagues and collaborators across preclinical development, regulatory, operations, and CMC.
- Establish clinical development plans for programs in close collaboration with Chief Medical Officer
- Design and execute phase 1/2 studies across portfolio, including drafting of clinical protocols and providing medical safety oversight of medical monitors
- Establish biomarker/translational plans that are scientifically rigorous and operationally feasible
- Draft clinical and safety sections for program documents including but not limited to investigational new drug applications, investigator brochures, clinical study reports.
- Provide scientific and medical leadership for project teams while interfacing with regulatory, clinical operations, biostatistics, and CMC stakeholders
- MD or MD/PhD with at least 10 years of experience designing and executing phase 1/2 studies, preferably within the autoimmune or inflammation therapeutic areas
- Deep knowledge of translational sciences and biomarker development
- Prior experience drafting clinical sections of documents related to regulatory submissions
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams of consultants, scientists and program leads
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt, Flexibility for Remote Work
EEOC Statement: Centessa Pharmaceuticals believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Centessa Pharmaceuticals will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.